Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Porsche 911 Dies on the Side of I-675: A Suspected Fuel Pump Failure



Hi folks -- a bit of excitement last night, although not the kind I like. Driving my 1971 Porsche 911 T targa to tennis last evening, about 7 p.m., when I suddenly started to lose power. The first sign of it was on the ramp leading on to I-675. I tried to keep the revs up but after a mile or two I had to pull off the road. Called my Haggerty Insurance towing service, and it took more than an hour for someone to get there (we'll be there in 35 minutes (ha!)). In fairness, the flatbed guy did a very nice job in taking car of the car. Centerville, Ohio cops also showed up after a while, but they were there more because of a closure of the interstate due to construction than my misfortune. Several friends also stopped by to help: Rise' Kreitzer and her husband from UD and Kirby Gabori from Five Seasons. Very hot weather here, so I'll try to get under the car early this morning and get at the fuel pump. Hopefully, photos will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment