Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One Way to Re-Kindle a Romance -- Best Western and the Garten Drive-In Poster Mural


A post from Ed Garten. Thanks, Ed!

What a delight, but in today’s e-mail I received a photo from the hotel chain creative design woman in Missouri who is using the Garten Drive-In Theatre photo as a wall mural.  But I was under the impression it was going to only be used in the lobbies of the Best Western hotel chain but – interestingly – it is being used in the “Romantic Get Away” rooms in each hotel.  See the attached photo of grandfather’s drive-in and with a king sized bed in front of it and in front of the bed they have the rear clip from a 1959 pink Cadillac – tail fins and all J

Note that the creator of this “love nest” bedroom has somehow done a photo shop and inserted a frame from an Elvis movie on the theatre screen with co-star Ann-Margret.  And, of course, there is the requisite hot tub over in the corner.  This is too good to be true!

As compensation for the use of the photograph, she told me she was sending me a “package” next week that would include dinner and two nights at one of the Best Western’s that will feature this romantic get-away room.   I showed the photo to the wife and she said: “You’ve got to be kidding?”  I told my wife that we could “go all the way” in the back seat of a Cadillac. 

When the woman sent me this today I looked at the photo and thought to myself “she is making this up.”  But no its real.

No comments:

Post a Comment