Popular Posts

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Cars and Coffee at the Greene, Beavercreek, OH, August 13, 2016


Rains were predicted for later in the day -- it started about 2:30 p.m. -- so I opted not to go to Oxford, Ohio this morning for Porsches to Oxford and instead went to Cars & Coffee at the Greene.  Nice morning, well attended but I still got a good place. Friendly folks, especially young folks.. What follows are photos of a number of cars that interested me. As you will note, they are not the most expensive, rare, classic, or anything else.  They are a mix of what struck me at the time. Certainly the Porsche 911 E and the 1960 Corvette fit in the enthusiast category, but I doubt anyone would put in a Chevy LUV Truck or Nissan sedan from the 1970s.  But they are all cool in their own way.





this 1978 Nissan is owned by Mason from Bellbrook, Ohio. You will not find many of these cars anywhere! Indestructible 4 banger with a Weber carburetor.



this 911 E is in the process of restoration.  I looked for the owner but never saw him.



Who would bring this LUV to a cars and coffee? Well, it is a pretty rare sight these days. Who cares what people think!

A wonderful classic. I love this particular car, as it brings back memories of how in 1966 I  looked at a 1959 roadster.  Had I bought it, I probably would have died driving it back in the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment