Popular Posts

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Grandma's 1985 Toyota Corolla LE

Hi folks -- below are a few photos of what has been my daily driver to school the past few years -- a 1985 Toyota Corolla LE with now 52,000 miles on it.  Grandma bought it new in the fall of 1985 and owned it until she passed in 2014. I can't remember the mileage then, but my guess is that it was in the 30k range.

With the exception of one small rust hole on the front left fender due to a drain blockage, the car is near perfect. I get compliments on this car all the times many as when I drive my 1071 Porsche 911T Targa and 1982 Mercedes 380 SL.

It runs great. I just recharged the A/C and changed two belts. I have never tracked its gas mileage, but I suspect it is quite good.




OK, the steering wheel cover is a bit tacky, but it was used in my 1990 Mustang  convertible when daughter  Lisa  drove it to high school.

2 comments: