Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Ed's 1959 Plymouth Fury




Photo attached of a white 1959 Plymouth Fury exactly like my first car and the one that I owned while in college starting in 1965.  This is the car that my stepfather "installed" the heavy-duty spring under the passenger's seat that caused my date to "spring" out of her swivel seat and fall on the dormitory lot pavement.  No second date ensued.  

The car, with push-button automatic and the 318 V-8 engine never failed to start during the three years I drove it.  As I recall, never a mechanical problem during that time.  Never used a drop of oil.

Virgil Exner design at its best and can you believe that on a used car lot in Lewisburg, West Virginia, I bought this car for the grand sum of $450 and it was already six years old?  As I recall it had around 85,00 miles on the clock when I bought it using money I had earned as a newspaper boy.  

1 comment: