Popular Posts

Monday, July 13, 2020

It began with bicycles and ended with cars Part I

From Ed -- 




Yours truly at age 6 with my first "wheels" -- bicycle with trainer wheels still on (they came off in a few days).  Looking back I can't believe how much I cared for this bike.  If it ever got a bit of dust or dirt on it, I would wipe it off.  

After every "ride" my mother said I'd clean my bike off, sparking clean.  Even the spokes on the wheels were clean, she said.  Today, my cars are always detailed out and clean.  A speck of dust on the dash causes me anguish.   

Question: Is the discipline of care and respect for the vehicles we now own somehow implanted early on by the care we took of our bicycles back in the day?  Just wondering.  Note the "buzz cut"haircut, the polished shoes, and the cuffs on the pants.  

And the smile of "pride of ownership" on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment