Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

IPD Volvo - 850 Odometer Gear -- This video is misleading concerning the task at hand


Hi folks -- of late I have been dealing with a broken odometer on my 1996 Volvo 850 Turbo. I used this video as a guide -- I suggest you rather refer to Robert Spinner's treatment on the same topic on Youtube: Robert DIY. The above video MAKES IT LOOK EASY, BUT THE JOB IS ANYTHING BUT THAT. The issue is not the work that needs to be done at the bench -- although be careful to work the odometer gears so they mesh easily, and that you scrupulously clean the housing of any fragments from the old gears that disintegrated.

If you have a Turbo, there are two connections that are difficult given the clearance if you only prop up the day -- the Turbo tube connection and the trip meter located on the bottom of the cluster. It is very easy to gain cleanse by lifting the dash to a point where you damage it. YOU NEED TO FOLLOW SPINNER'S SUGGESTION AND REMOVE THE ENTIRE DASH. THEN YOU HAVE THE CLEARANCE TO DO WHAT MUST BE DONE.
THE PLASTIC PARTS ARE INDEED OLD AND FRAIL. BE VERY CAREFUL IN HANDLING THEM.

2 comments:

  1. Put more information on your website like this one, I really like these types of blogs Very nice blog and articles. I am really very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...
    A blog based on my book "The Automobile and American Life," and current ... IPD Volvo - 850 Odometer Gear -- This video is misleading concerning the task at ...
    You are also read more Best Business Loan in India

    ReplyDelete