Popular Posts

Friday, February 25, 2022

1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Coupe

 



As I think back about my childhood, I realized how much we were a Chevrolet family. Inaddition to the 1948 Fleetmaster shown above (with my mother and I in the photo), we had a 1954 BelAir, 1962 Chevy II, 1972 Mailbu, and 1979 Malibu Classic.

I have fond memories of the 1948 Chevy, especially the dash. This was a top of the line model for that year and is valued by custom dodders to this day. 

My older (13 years older) cousin George had a 1947 Chevy, and he would take me on a thrill ride from time to time when I was about age of the photos in this blog entry. 

With the exception of the 1979 that was flawed with a THM-200 transmission, all our Chevys were good, dependable and solid cars. My father was not a car guy by any means, but just down the street I had two cousins who were and got me interested in a variety of cars that looked good and performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment