Popular Posts

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Dayton Cars and Coffee, Austin Landing, July 1. A 1955 Dodge Custom Royal.

 After missing a few events, I made it to the Cars and Coffee meet this morning at Austin Landing. The rain had moved on, and the number of cars and visitors that I saw was amazing! The way the event has evolved, I am not so sure I will go to the next one, as the 3 lots were populated with mostly newer cars -- heavy on Japanese imports and more recent European vehicles. The one car I photographed before the batteries on my camera decided to die was this 1955 Dodge Royal Lancer.  I always liked the colors used on 1955 Chrysler products, and this one is no exception. The car is smaller than those that followed in he ensuing years, as the style was transitional as the "Forward Look” evolved year by year to 1960.




This 2 door hardtop coupe came with three possible V-8s, of 325, 250, and 361 cubic inches.The flagship model was the Custom Royal. All hardtop coupe and Custom Royal-only convertible models were called "Custom Royal Lancer". The Custom line featured unique chrome tailfins (although early model year cars went without this trim), special tail light surrounds, and an upscale interior. Backup lights were standard on the Custom line but optional on all others.

No comments:

Post a Comment