In 2014 I didn't have the wealth of material available now on Youtube and the Internet. Just a Haynes Manual to 1980 and a Chilton to 1984. If you are newer to this task, you should also consult this link: https://tonk.ca. The latter ill prove to be invaluable, as you will find all the nuts and bolts you will need to turn to move the accessories so that the belts will come off the right way.
There are plenty of parts suppliers on the web, and always Ebay for hard to find parts (stay away form Chinese parts of at all possible and buy German if you can -- also your M-B dealer can be helpful). For things like belts I look to Rockauto, as many of these belts can be quite inexpensive there. Just be careful about shipping.
Personally I had some struggles with a number of the accessories, and with each passing year my challenges increase due to a drop in vision.
If a project says two hours, plan on four!

No comments:
Post a Comment