Popular Posts

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Pick and Pull Saturday: a 1979 Mercedes



OK, I have got to be a bit crazy to go out on a day it was 28 degrees and felt like 15 to search for Mercedes parts! There were two cars in the yard that attracted my interest: a 1986 Mercedes 380 and the above 300D. The 380 proved disappointing as the vermin had already got to the parts I was searching for. The 300D, despite its rust, has a near perfect interior -- or at least it did until I got through taking the passenger side door apart. This car has near perfect seats, as someone had put sheepskin seat covers on it, thus preserving the stock and very tuff M-B material that was used in these cars. I did get a vacuum actuator but little else. It was so cold that it made working out there too difficult to pull the seats and get those seat skins. Too bad. But I doubt the fit to my 380s SL would work anyway.

I just like working on these cars and learning as much as I can about them without worrying that I will do irreparable harm!

1 comment: