Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tucamcari Tonight! Also some photos from the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, TX

An abandoned structure on Route 66, Texola, OK










All of the above at the Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, TX. Take exit 60 off of I-40, then go under I-40 and then take a left turn back towards Amarillo.

Hi folks -- I am in Tucamari tonight, at the Hotel Safari. Terrific place -- tomorrow I will take Route 66 across NM, or at least until I get tired of life in the slow lane. I love this journey on 66, especially now that I am truly in arid territory. The landscape is phenomenal, the people are fine, and it has been a long time coming. I have taught the history of Route 66 since 1998, and with the exception of one journey up to Flagstaff, I have never really experienced it until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment