Popular Posts

Thursday, July 11, 2019

1959 Plymouth with Swivel Seats

From Ed!

I'm sure I've told you the story about my 1959 Plymouth with the swivel seats -- the one where, as a senior in college, I took a girl to a movie and then brought her back to her dorm.  My step-father had installed a replacement "spring" under the passenger's seat -- an incorrect spring and one that had a lot of tension on it.  Of course the seats had no seat belts and thinking to impress "Mary" or whatever her name was, I opened her door in the parking lot and told her to "press the lever on the side of your seat."  

Being a petite young lady she was literally ejected from the seat as it rapidly swung to the side and she fell onto the parking lot.  Needless to say there was no second date.

But I found this photo of an ad for that car which is hilarious -- note that the ad says that the car is "built for the one man out of four who wants a little bit more."  Something more seems to be a woman stepping out of the swivel seat carrying a baby in her arms.

2 comments:

  1. I've read your article its quite interesting yes it is big issue for those who have backbone pain there are very good quality leather seat which are specially made for those who have backbone pain i told you about the good quality seats First, FH Group Quilted,FH Group Ultra, Ankiv Luxury, Big Ant Cushion, Dinkanur Waistline, Big Ant Protector, you try these covers if you want to purchase these covers or want to get information about any cars or vans visit Madera auto plaza.

    ReplyDelete