Popular Posts

Friday, October 30, 2020

Another Volkswagen design claimant: The film "Ganz: how I lost my beetle"



Well, you better be good at three languages to follow this film in its entirety! 
A 2019 production, and based on the work of a Dutch journalist, Josef Ganz certainly can lay claim as to the "Volkswagen Poppa," with I think a stronger evidentiary foundation than Bela Barenyi. Ganz, of course, was the editor of the "Motor-Krtitik," the periodical that published an article authored by Barenyi in 1931. I am very sympathetic to Ganz and his story. The entire story of Jewish enthusiasts and automotive business interests from the Weimar Era and their subsequent fate remains to be told, at least in English.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a thesis writer at Thesis Writing Help in Dubai and i want to say that it is a nice blog I really want to appreciate you and thanks you for sharing such an amazing blog with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your insights are like a guiding light in the admin realm, making everything seem clearer. I'm constantly amazed by the depth of knowledge you share in your blog posts. Keep shining. Your content is a masterclass in simplifying intricate admin concepts. Much appreciated! van conversions for sale uk

    ReplyDelete