Popular Posts

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Top Salesman at the ford Motor Car Company -- a Contribution from Ed Garten

John, I don’t know if I ever shared this with you but a couple of years ago I came into possession of a letter, dated 1954, from the Central Regional Sales Office (Cincinnati) of Ford Motor Company and sent to my late Uncle Damon.  Uncle Damon (my grandfather Garten’s daughter’s husband) had won a completely paid trip around the world as the top Ford salesperson in the Cincinnati region.  The letter, attached, is very interesting don’t you think.  I later learned that Uncle Damon, who could sell the Brooklyn Bridge to a beggar if he wanted, took the cash prize instead of the round the world trip.


1 comment:

  1. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.
    kelly

    ReplyDelete