Thursday, December 1, 2016
Automobile and American Life HST 344 Final Exam Study Sheet
Hi folks -- how well could you do in answering these identification and significance questions?
Final Exam Study Sheet
I Identification and Significance. I will pick 14 of the following and you must answer 10 (10 points each). Your answers MUST be concise, and no longer than 4 well-structured sentences each, or one blue book page. Longer answers will simply be disregarded!!! To maximize your grade your answers should include selective detail as well as explanatory short and long-term significance, when appropriate.
1. Reconsidering the Corvair
2. The Myth of the Ford Pinto Case
3. Vin Diesel and “The Fast and Furious” Franchise
4. The GM EV-1
5. Elon Musk and the Tesla
6. NUMMI and the Development of Lean in the U.S.
7. The Filming of “Bullit”
8. The Oil Crisis as a Signal Event in Post-WWII America
9. MITI and the Japanese Automobile Industry
10. The Chevrolet Vega and the Lordstown, Ohio, Assembly Plant
11. Béla Barényi and Automobile Safety
12. 1950s Automobile Dealer Abuses and the 1958 Automotive Disclosure Act
13. Cadillac during the 1950s and 1960s
14. The Muscle Car of the 1960s
15. CAFÉ Standards Beginning in 1975
16. The 2008-9 Economic Crisis and the Automobile Industry
17. The Truth about Self-Driving Cars