Popular Posts

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dayton Concours, September 17, 2017

For me the Concours was a bust.  After ten years of judging, I couldn't finish the job today.  Last week I had a minor procedure and had two new prescriptions written. Well, as it turned out, the side effects of one of those drugs turns out to be low blood pressure, dizziness, and fainting! I didn't faint this morning while judging, but got mighty close to before I called it a day. Thanks to AAA and a very nice lady whose husband was one  of the artists  -- both gave me water as I struggled to get back to my car and home.  Once home I took my blood pressure and indeed it was low, but not as low as on a hot and humid field.  The write-up on one of my new medicines precisely described my symptoms.  It says that if I persist taking it, the symptoms might go away over time.  No thanks! Not needed that badly.

This evening I took those two medicines I was just prescribed and put them away!  Going to the Cleveland Clinic in 10 days where I will get another doctor.

What follows are some photos of cars from the 1930s -- an Essex Terraplane, Hudson, and Piere-Arrow.







 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words! I continue to try to promote automotive history.

    ReplyDelete