Popular Posts

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Pastor Jesse Deplantis Losing His Temper at a Car Dealership





I love Louisiana's  Jesse Duplantis! He is not a religious phony, although his theology may be questioned.



This reminded me of my temper tantrum at a Omni/Horizon dealership around 1982. One of my grad student friends, Tom Cornell, got a job at Rochester Institute of Technology and needed a car. He had never owned a car previously, getting around Baltimore on a bicycle. (Tom was a history of physics guy and that explains a lot.) He asked me for help after he somehow was bamboozled into signing a contract for a car he never wanted. So I threw such a loud fit on the showroom floor that the sales manager ultimately raised  a white flag and gave back the contract. Sometimes one has to be nasty on the sales floor to get personal social justice! 


No comments:

Post a Comment