Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The typical teenage hangout during the 1960s -- a pretty girl and a 1955 Chevy



During the mid-1960s it seems that every town had a teenage hangout. Also the 1955 Chevy was very much of the scene back then.  This is a photo from Hinton. WVA.  Ed remembers it this way:

A teenage hangout about a half mile from the high school I attended.  The girl in the 55 Chevrolet was a couple of years ahead of me in high school, can't recall her name, but I recall that her father bought her the car and both she and the car were the envy of every boy in school.


My high school group also featured a 1955 Chevy, in primer gray. It was owned by a guy who was only in the group for a short time, known as "Canuck," I guess because he was somehow from Canada. One night on Sheridan Drive Canuck got in a drag race -- I was in the back seat -- and the hood flew off  and landed on this busy 4 lane highway. I remember it falling (ripping?) off,  with the result that the top of the car was dented. A few of us ran back to the hood laying in the street, picked it up, and I guess put it back on the car!  Amazing that I survived those years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment